- Entrant must be an AIA Dallas chapter member and licensed architect or a firm comprised of AIA Dallas members and licensed architects.
- The primary design must be executed by a local AIA Dallas member. In the case of joint ventures, appropriate credit must be given in the submission regarding the responsibilities of each firm or individual.
- The entry cannot previously have been a winner in the category for which it is being submitted. For example, awarded Unbuilt projects could be submitted for a Built Design Award but cannot be resubmitted to Unbuilt.
The AIA Dallas Design Awards program is seeking entries responsive to beauty, poetry, context and previous condition, inspiration, process, environmental and social impact, economy and consumption.
The AIA Dallas Design Awards uses a paperless, electronic submission process.
- Each submission must recognize all firms and individuals involved in the design process.
- An entry may be any building design, interior architecture, restoration, or urban design/planning project for which the documentation has been complete since January 1, 2012.
- Release Waiver: By submitting an entry, entrants take full responsibility for the accuracy of all information submitted and warrant that all necessary permissions have been obtained from others who may have rights to the work. Entrants further acknowledge that no royalty or compensation is due to anyone, hold AIA Dallas, its sponsors, staff, consultants and members harmless from all liability and grant to AIA Dallas the non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce and distribute copies of the original entry.
- Each submittal must contain RGB JPEG slides (including RGB JPEG text and RGB JPEG plan files).
- The slides must have an exact height of 2400 pixels and an exact width of 3200 pixels (vertical views also have an exact height of 2400 pixels) – no exceptions.
- The maximum number of slides allowed is 10.
- The images should be named with a double-digit numerical sequence for viewing by the jury. Slides will also be on display in sequential order at the awards venue gallery. (i.e. “01.jpg” for the first image, “02.jpg” for the second image, etc.)
- Firm must not be listed on the slides or on Project Information Sheet. Entries that violate this requirement are subject to disqualification.
- Please consider text size and legibility when composing slides.
- Include a PDF of the Project Information Sheet as shown in this example.
Submissions must include the following:
- A project title, name of client (when applicable), location, size, and brief text (no more than 200 words) describing the basic design requirements and concepts. See Project Information Sheet example.
- A site plan and/or floor plan, and any additional drawings to give the jury a thorough and comprehensive understanding of the entry (in the form of JPEG files).
Each submittal must consist of the following:
- Complete all form fields on the AIA Dallas Design Awards submission portal
- Entry title, location, and size
- Client’s name and address (when applicable)
- Names and addresses of the entrant/designer, the consultants, and others to receive credit; each entrant is responsible for giving proper credit where joint ventures, firm name changes or former partnerships are involved; disputes regarding credits may result in disqualification
- Date of design completion
- Project Information Sheet, submitted with images. Entrants may include a second page of their project information PDF file for the documentation of metrics and indices demonstrating measurable achievement in project’s performance.
- Up to 10 slides of project
The Design Awards Committee or the jury may make any interpretations that may be necessary to carry out the program’s intent.
The Unbuilt entry fee must be submitted at the time of entry. The fee is $130 by Friday, April 21, 2017 at 5 p.m. The fee for entries submitted after that time is $150. No entry fee will be refunded.
We will begin accepting entries Tuesday, March 27, 2017. Design award submissions are due by 5:00 p.m., Friday, May 5, 2017. All materials stated above must be submitted at this time. No entries will be accepted after this time.
Submissions must be entered online:
Please enter your information, submit your slides and Project Information Sheet through the Design Awards portal.
Feel free to contact AIA Dallas (214.880.1506) or the Design Awards Committee Leadership:
2017 Chair: Blake Thames, Assoc. AIA, firstname.lastname@example.org 214.824.7040
2017 Vice Chair: Robert Croysdale, AIA, email@example.com 214.824.7040